Monday, May 23, 2011

El Roi (You-Are-The-God-Who-Sees)

A friend has been encouraging me lately to stop being afraid of writing and sharing my writing. So here is something I started a year ago and finished today.

El Roi (You-Are-The-God-Who-Sees)
I had no righteousness to give you,
Ashamed and alone as I was,
Fearful of being known.
But you saw me.
And, pursuing a wretch with lovingkindness,
You tasted the wages of my sin.
Your compassion washed away my shame.
Your righteousness clothes me in purity;
Solitude is overwhelmed in your presence.
You see me for what I am now:
I am yours.
Draw me ever nearer, Jesus,
Ever closer to your heart of mercy.
Let me be found in you.
Take me in my brokenness
And remake me
As a new Eve--
From the very self of my bridegroom.
Speak to me, sing over me with a new song.
Teach me to sing it with you:
“I am my beloved’s
And he is mine; 
His banner over me is love."
~me 

No comments:

Post a Comment