Monday, July 29, 2013

Fun times with the street kids (photo blog)

Each Sunday night the church puts on a fun festival in the city center. I've stopped by a couple of these and have seen a number of the street kids from the day center out having a fun time in the bouncy house and with games and music and face paint.


The two kids on the left are siblings I've gotten to know more at the center. The one on the right is a child who still needs his parents' permission to come to the center. I've seen him a number of times begging. He and his sister joined us for ice cream one day last week when a visiting team wanted to treat the kids to something special.


 On Thursday we took the kids from the center swimming. They had a blast!








And I learned a valuable lesson about sunscreen and boundaries with pouring yourself out: Should I play in the water for hours with kids who can't swim? Sure. But I should definitely stop every so often to put more sunscreen on!

No comments:

Post a Comment