Monday, March 24, 2014

A psalm for Monday morning

The wind is blowing hard outside
On this morning I hoped would be peaceful
The sky is spread over with a gray threat of rain
And I hear the rustling of the plastic that covers the tires on the balcony
If the wind keeps it up, I might be chasing that plastic
Is March going out like a lion? I wonder
As the wind is rattling the windowshades
I'm inside, planning a day and a week that will be full
Again
It comes in rushes, this storm blowing in from the mountains
Like the blustery rhythm of our work
A moment of quiet
Then a torrent of activity
I watch the road for a moment
People coming, going, being about their business
The everyday road chaos of cars and people
Momentary traffic jams and horns honking
Because everyone has the right of way
Debris - caught up in the wind - joins the cacophany
But as the storm blows on, outside my windows,
I suddenly find my peace
Hidden in the secret place of His presence
O Lord, how I need You!
Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment