Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Run with endurance

"Holy Fire, burn away
my desire for anything
that is not of You
but is of me
I want more of You and less of me
empty me, empty me
and fill me, fill me with You"
-Jeremy Camp

I'll not presume to know what plan the Lord has for me, but this much I do know - where He's leading me is where I want to be. Please pray that I will be soft to His voice and His leading and that I will run with endurance and my eyes set on Jesus, as Hebrews 12:2 says, "Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every burden and the sin which so easily ensnares us and run with endurance the race set before us, looking to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." His desire is for all of us to do just that and it is not a vain desire on His part - He made it possible by enduring the cross and rising again with power. His hands are reaching out to us with the healing touch that each of us needs to be made whole so that we can run and run with endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment